The following is information from the Washington Metropolitan Area Construction Safety Association. This training will be broadcast live. You will be able to hear the in class instructions on how to use the sampling devices but not able to participate in this section of the class. This will be at teh end of the session and allow you to leave after the lecture if you desire.
Do your own sampling for silica to control monitoring costs!!!!
SAMPLING AND ANALYSIS OF CRYSTALLINE SILICA
Wednesday, December 12, 2017 1:00 to 4:00 PM Eastern
· Describe crystalline silica, its sources and uses, routes of exposure, and health effects.
· Understand requirements of the OSHA silica in construction standard.
· Complete typical documentation for sampling and OSHA recordkeeping.
· Collect samples using best QC practices from representative employees.
· Select appropriate analytical method.
· Use a DustTrak to evaluate engineering controls.
· Crystalline silica basics
· Silica Regulations
· Sampling and analysis
· Evaluating effectiveness of engineering controls
· Hands on – Set up sample train, calibrate flow, complete documentation.
You will receive access to electronic copies of forms used and the PowerPoint presentation. You will be able to customize the forms to your company. You will be granted permission to use the PowerPoint presentation to train your staff.
Cost is $75 for non-members and $60 for Cyber Chapter members (remember to log in before registering).
Click here to go to the registration page.